Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. But when gained excess, it becomes more difficult to shed after delivery.
There are lot many co-morbidities associated with overweight or obese mother like pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetic. Normal weight gain in pregnancy is 8-12 kg. With the proper advice and self care it can be done properly.
“Baby organ development occurs during this period. It’s important to take folic acid for better brain growth”.
- Since you are carrying a fetus, it’s not necessary to take food for two people. The fact is that during the first trimester calorie required is negligible.
- Morning sickness will be a hindering, with lot with food intake.
- Eat frequently in Small quantity!
- Take lot of fruits and vegetables. Make sure to take atleast one serving of fruits and two serving of vegetables.
- Ideal one will be the balanced diet.
- Take dry fruits and nuts, atleast two from each.
- Due to lockdown, there may be scarcity of nuts then you can try groundnuts also.
- Avoid oily fried food items.
- Walking of atleast half an hour a day is must.
“Major Organ development is done. Now time for growth of the baby“.
- Relieved from morning sickness!!Time for craving!!! But control yourself. All you need is 350kcal extra for the growing fetus.
- Eat small quantity in frequency.
- Replace the snacks with the fruits.
- Take atleast 3 servings of fruits and 3 servings of vegetables.
- Time to eat the pulses. Take atleast twice a week,
- Greenleaves to be taken twice a week.
- Non veg like egg and fish can be taken whenever possible. Limit the intake of chicken and mutton.
- Continue having the dryfruits and nuts.
- Do start with any of your household works like sweeping, mopping.
- Walking of atleast 1 hour is must.
“Baby is growing bigger and bigger. So the demand increases”.
- Back to square with increasing belching and retrocardiac discomfort on intake of food.
- Eat small quantity in frequency is the ideal method now.
- Limit the carbohydrates.
- No limit for the intake of fruits and vegetables. But it’s better to continue as same as in second trimester.
- Nonveg like egg and fish can be even taken thrice week .
- Avoid junks, fried foods.
- Pulses increased to thrice weekly.
- Greenleaves to be taken twice weekly.
- Continue nuts and dry fruits as usual.
- Walking to be increased to 2 hour every day.
It’s okay to treat your taste buds once in a while!! Happy motherhood ❤️